October 24th
Dearest children and grandchildren,
We had a pretty quiet birthday yesterday - the 24th October (quite a difference from from the October 19th). I offered to 'take her out for a 'movie' or a'eat out' somewhere in a Dilli joint if she was willing to go and Sam was available and willing to take the two old people 'out'. She refused though saying she could not think of standing in front of a movie hall at her age and she did not care too much for 'outside food' anyway! It happened that it was a 'day and night out' for Min and Sam too had to go to the Airport to met a friend coming from abroad. So settled down to have a quiet evening watching an old movie 'ARZOO' in the TV. The movie was quite a craze when we were in our teens – and it was a great time to watch a movie together that reminded us of our former days. I kept telling her how popular the old songs were in those old old days! Later, we had a prayer of thanksgiving on the bed – thanking God for what a great blessing and a great support she has been for me and for all of you throughout all these years. Perhaps the prayer went a little too long, she went off to sleep before I could conclude! She had said to me not to ask God for her to see more than her 75th birthday. But when I told her that was still a long way off - she said even 70th birthday should be fine. Anyway, I did not mention the number of years in my prayer though and left that decision to God! One thing we agreed though was to ask God for not too long a gap between the two 'ends' and we believe the good Lord will permit us that!
Love to all,
Pp
No comments:
Post a Comment