Lord, I confessed that ‘lack of spiritual growth’ is my ‘struggle’
That manifested in my lack of controlling the tongue
‘Listening is the key’ so was I told ‘to fight the menace’
That as I listen more to my Master,
I’d also learn to listen more to the others
‘First thoughts’ are often ‘thoughtless thoughts’
They mostly come from the flesh alone
But words that come as we listen first
Have healing power as the Gilead balm.
My ‘old name’ I said is ‘Rising and Falling’
‘Un-stable’ is me as the shifting sand
(What a reassurance when being told
That normal Christian life is also such so!)
My ‘new name’ I want it to be – ‘stable’
And I was told that ‘stability’ comes
When ‘rooted and established’ in Him alone
My ‘desire’ I said is ‘to be a blessing for others’
And the route to this so was I told
‘Be like Mary the mother of the Lord’
She considered not of her shame or pain
But was rejoicing as she saw by faith
The salvation of mankind that was to come
As she would obey the heavenly bidding
She also knew somehow a day would come
When she would be called ‘blessed’ by generations to come
Meditations of Mrs. Chingnu Ngaihte at Jim Corbett Resort (April 2005)
No comments:
Post a Comment