Monday, 13 March 2017

voting I remembered



First, it was for Territorial Council Member in Manipur. The candidates in our area were Mr. Vungkhawm (belonging to Paite tribe) and Mr. Selkai Hrangchal (belonging to Hmar tribe). Both however happened to be related to our family. To Mr Vungkhawm we are his Pute (that his mother is from our family/clan - the Biangtung Ngaihte). Mr Selkai belonged to our Pute (that my mom's mother belonged to his family/clan) Hrangchal who is Pute of my mom who belonged to Hualngou clan). I was too young to vote then. My father then a leader of the Paite campaigned hard for the Paite candidate but at the time of casting vote, he told my family members to vote for the Hmar candidate. Such was the family loyalty and respect to our Pute (family on the mother's side)!

As I was mostly away from our place of residence, I never was never in my polling station to be able to vote except once. We went a little late to cast our vote in Lower Lamka  and by the time we got there at around noon, my vote had already been marked as casted. I made strong objection and was allowed to tender my complaint and allowed to fill up a form and registered my vote in an envelop.

The last election held in March 2017, I notified the Booth Level Officer through SMS that I and my family (numbering five voters) were out of station and  requesting him that our votes may not be allowed to be casted by any impostors. I was hoping that he would read my message and would do the needful as requested.

Lk
13.3.2017

1 comment:

  1. Buy MTP Kit USA,Buy Abortion Pill "Call 1-315-512-2220,Birth Control Pill, Abortion pill online,Buy MTP Kit USA at the best price at buymtpkitrx.com Free shipping.30 days Return policy available.

    ReplyDelete