Friday, 6 February 2015

a new composition in Paite

On rare occasions a few lines comes in my mind with a tune in my heart / mind and I would jot them down. Once it happened while driving down from Kohima to Dimapur around 2008/09 I think and another one recently on the 31st January at Guwahati while I was driven towards Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport and I jotted them down inside the Aircraft. (An amusing anecdote related to this is that when I finished writing it in CAPITAL Letter that escapted an inbuilt self spelling correction in my note book, I shut it down and put in a seat pocket in front of me. As natural of me I left it behind only to realize it when I reached home and I had to return to airport to retrieve from Loss and found Counter at IGI Airport - I knew where to go because that happened to me before and that was my third time to the same counter for the same kind of my 'sins of amnesia').

The context was that a chapter in my life was again getting over - a ten year (2004 to 2014/5) with BMGF funded project in Manipur and Nagaland which I had the opportunity to lead came to end. Any closing of a happening always made me to reflect back on my long past - my own beginning - a journey with God unknowingly or knowingly .......


SIAN IN KEI HONGHUAI
(LUNGDAM KOUHNA LA)

KAN SENCHIL PAN SIAN IN HAMBANG IN HON HUAI A,
KA ZINGZINNA TUANGLAM SUK LEH TOUTE AH;
KEN KA PHOKLOUH HANG A BAN JAITHA IN HONGKAI,
K'A DINGA A GEL PIANDANGTE KAN IN SANG SANG.

SIAN IN KEI HONG HUAI A,
SIAN IN KEI HONG KEMA;
SIAN IN KA PHATMOH HONG THEI IN HONGPIA,
SIAN VANGLETNA SUNGA KEI ANUNGTA HING E.

ZO DAWN MUALSANG TUNG MIMBANG KA PIANNA HI,
ZO BUKTA SUNG NUNGTA IN ZOLAI KASINA A;
A AW B CHAW PAWL KHAT PAWL NIH CHI’N SAANG KANA KAH A,
LUMSUANG DUM LEH KANGTE KA LAI LEH LAI KUNG HI.

SIAN SIMTHU KA SIA IN ZAILA’N HONG SINSAK A,
THUKHUNTHAK MATHAI MARKA… CHI’N ZAILA KILEM A;
THUKHUNLUI ZAWNG NUNGZUITE ZAWNG PAUL ZINNA ZAWNG,
SELUNG GEL SIAM SI E ZODAWN SINSAK SIATE.

ZO PUANLOM KI ZIALIN KA ZUA SIANG TUANG NUNG SIA’NG,
ASANGZAW SAANG LEH SIATE' SIANG GAMVANGLA ZUAN ING;
HUIHPI VUAHPI, LAMSUK-LAMTOUTE PALSUAK ING,
LUNGMAWL TUAIDAWNG SIAN IN HAMBANG IN HONG NA HUAI.

NUNNUAM IN PAK NING E,
SIAN’N NAUBANG HONG ITNA;
MIMBANG KAPIANMA’ SIAN LUNGGEL LIM IN DANG,
LAMBANG IN PAK NING E LOUBANG HONGKHUALNA.

NANG VANG NUNGTA HING, SIAN,
NANGVANG NE’-DAWN HILEL ING;
SAKLEKHANG SIMLEMAL PHEIPHUNG KASUAN NANG VANG HI,
KA HAT TAWP DAWNG BELH DING NANG BEK KA SIA HICHIA.

Aboard Indigo GE 128 Imphal – Delhi 31 January 2015 3:16 PM











No comments:

Post a Comment