Saturday, 15 June 2013

2013 Father’s Day reflections



As a father I strive to be - 
·      Living in the fear of God
·      Seeing the way God would want me to see – myself, others, the world
·      Doing the way He would want me to do
·      Speaking the way He would want me to do
·      Going where He would want me to go
·      Touching what He would want to me to touch
·      Loving what He loves
·      Smiling when He would want me to
·      Enjoying what He gives
·      Crying when He Himself would
·      Mourning for what He would
·      Praying when He prompts me to
·      Worshipping Him
·      Adoring Him
·      To be the best person He designs me for
·      A father to the fatherless – some whom my Father God brought my way
·      A father figure to people who work with me
·      A father figure for the job I am assigned to lead
·      Loving my fellow beings
·      Loving my country
·      Loving my world
·      Loving my God, the King of Kings, the Lord of Lords, the LORD who reigns forever and ever
·      Never forgetting I am nothing but a ’nothing’ – a sinner saved by grace and is being transformed into His image by His resurrection power
·      Witnessing in my life His saving grace (till I die!)

What would I want to pass on as a father and a grandfather?
  • All of what I strive for (as above)
  • No greater joy than to know that my children (and my grand children) are in the Truth
  • A life system that encompasses the God factor – the fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom; God is my helper, my provider, my protector, my strength, my glory and the lifter of my head, my God reigns. My Father. My Father who art in heaven.
  • Value systems driven by what is right, true and just and sincere hard work
  • Value systems that are to become our legacy


My own personal assessment
  • Not having attained my goal
  • Still at the beginning of the path of my life’s journey I mapped out for myself
  • Some years ago my better half and joined a life revision camp in Jim Corbett Park in the year 2005, where I summarized my better half’s sharing as it is still so true for our lives even after so many years

My ‘old name’ I said is ‘Rising and Falling’
‘Un-stable’ is me as the shifting sand
(What a reassurance when being told
That normal Christian life is also such so!)
My ‘new name’ I want it to be – ‘stable’
And I was told that ‘stability’ comes
When ‘rooted and established’ in Him alone

Miles to go before I sleep ……….

No comments:

Post a Comment